Toon Boom Storyboard ---> AVID workflow

Hi all,

I´m looking for a way to export from Storyboard Pro 4 to Avid 6.0.

Normally I would use the AAF export but if I do, TB creates only Quicktime .movs but no .aaf-File. Is this maybe a bug?

Because if I choose all three options in the export window (Create EDL+XML+AAF file) it creates an EDL and XML but no AAF…

Any suggestions would be great!

Also i´ve tried the EDL but didn´t receive a satisfying result; the EDL has to be rewritten in parts and all Clipnames are lost. Maybe my import-Settings in Avid EDL Manager are wrong? Has anyone tried this yet and knows the best settings?

Thanks for helping and best regards
Dirk

Contact support@toonboom.com. The AAF export is not working in the release version of Storyboard Pro 4 but there should be a stable beta version shortly where this is fixed. There should be a full service pack update released soon but if you need this now, you can get the beta.

I too would like to do this. Is the full service pack available yet?

Storyboard Pro 4.1 is now linked to in the “My Downloads” section of your members profile. When a service pack is released, it replaces the original download version in the profile.

Do I need to upgrade to 4.1? If so, how do I do this? I also don’t know how to find my “member profile”.