Toon Boom problems

I’ve been working with it for a couple weeks, now and it has problems.

Keyboard shortcuts have become an intermittent thing for me. Most of the time, they don’t work without nudging. A silly inconvenience for such an expensive program.

Better control for handling and moving frames around. Deleting a frame sometimes just moves it forward one frame.

Trying to move a group of frames a few seconds forward will only move it one frame ahead.

Saving color palettes and pens. If a big production is split up into scenes, it’s ridiculous to have to start the palettes from scratch.

This isn’t a Flash program. I hope that you won’t concentrate too much on auto tweening and stuff like that.

More export options. Exporting to different pixel ratios like for widescreen, etc…

I hope Toon Boom is working on a V3 update to fix these things soon.

Hi,

I’m not aware of those bugs:

- Keyboard shortcuts have become an intermittent
- Deleting a frame sometimes just moves it forward one frame
- trying to move a group of frames a few seconds forward will only move it one frame ahead.

Can you contact us at techsupport@toonboomstudio.com so we can look at the problems and fix the bugs is necessary.

Also, you are right this is not a Flash program but cut out animation is on demand and the cut out tools are filling a hole in the app. It’s not in our intentions to convert this software to a Flash like application. Tweening is just part of the solution we are providing.

Regarding the Wide screen 1.2 pixel ratio, we use QuickTime to export video files. Good news since QuickTime 7 now supports this ratio when exporting to a DV stream.

Install QT7, then in TBS choose to export to a DV stream and select the 16:9 ratio option.

We do not officially supports QT7 yet, I’m still doing some test but I did a lot of tests recently and I had no problem at all.

Thanks,