Toon Boom Harmony is a f-ing nightmare for adding color to layers. I need help!

Hey, so I desperately need help. So I have Toon Boom Harmony 20 Premium. And everything has been working well, UNTIL I start working in the color layer - that is, adding color to my pictures. For what ever reason, adding color via the paint bucket tool horribly slows down the program. Sometimes the program won’t respond for minutes on end, even if I just want to fill in 1 small object with color (say a small ball for example).

I’ll list my PC specs first: (and before anyone asks. Yes, everything is updated. The drivers, Windows 10, everything).

Windows 10

System:
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

GeForce GTX 1660:
Driver version: 456.38 (latest driver version updated)

So if I were to harness a guess, out of everything that I have, my Processor needs to be upgraded. But is it really the cause of the issue?

I need to know, what is causing this? What can I do to optimize the performance of Toon Boom Harmony for my PC? How do I make sure that Toon Boom is running on my GTX graphics card? And how do I know if it’s running on my SDD drive? What can I do in the Preferences Option (edit > preferences) to help speed up Toon Boom?

1 Like

I also need help with this. My computer is almost the same as his. Everything updated, etc, etc. It KEEPS crashing during fill bucket. PLEASE!!! It’s like it gets caught in an endless loop looking for if it can fill the space. What is happening? Can we avoid this by doing ANYTHING?

Harmony version/build would be nice to know, under Help and About.

If you want to dig deep, go to:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp
On Windows, the AppData folder is hidden. To display it in Explorer, in the top menu, open the View pane and check the Hidden Items checkbox.
Then look for and open the ‘HarmonyVERSION_USER_####.log’ file that crashed, this might help on figuring out why.