Toon Boom Harmony 12 Won't Allow Me To Draw On macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

I installed Harmony 12. Opened the program, created a new 1920x1080@24fps project, selected the default drawing layer that was automatically created, selected the brush tool, but when I came to draw, my cursor had a gray prohibition sign next to it and it wouldn’t draw. I looked up online and tried EVERYTHING. I tried creating a new drawing layer, creating a color card behind my drawing layer, and all that while selecting the brush tool, the drawing layer (and a keyframe in it), and a cell in the xSheet view, but still no luck.

I contacted support and had a LONG conversation with them, when suddenly the person I contacted (“Ron”) stopped answering, and left my problem unresolved.
So I hope some of you awesome guys at the community will be able to solve this issue. I REALLY hope so.

Thanks in advance,
- Hexa

P.S.:
I run Toon Boom Harmony Stage Version 12.0.0 (10076) (2015-04-02 21:00:01)
On a Mid-2015 15-inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display (2880x1800) with:
macOS 10.12 (Sierra) (I know I already mentioned that in the title)
256gb SSD
16gb 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (with turbo boost up to 3.4GHz) [Crystalwell architecture]
Integrated Intel Iris Pro Graphics with 1536mb Memory

Hi Hexa,

Have you found a solution to running toonboom harmony 12 on os x Sierra?

Harmony 12 normally runs fine on Sierra, you need to get around the
security limitations Sierra imposes however to set it up. Contact
support if you’re having trouble installing the software.

If anyone is having the same problem as the original poster, contact
support to have a look at the context under which this is happening.
Also make sure to install the latest V12 you have access to in your
accounts “My Downloads” section.

Your using a pretty old build of harmony 12 have you tried upgrading?
are you on a trial, subscription, or full license?

It’s my father’s computer and his program, and he says he has he’s reasons for not wanting to upgrade…

I think the fact that you can’t draw in the program is a pretty good reason to upgrade :wink:
Failing that you could get a 15 day trial to have a play with the newer version 14.

But is there no way to fix the current version?

It doesn’t sound like it can be repaired at all. But that build is old and a lot of bugs have been fixed since then.