Toon Boom animation crashing??? Randomly closes

So I just tried the demo from the website and 2 minutes into working, it just closes. There is no error report, I have never had any problems like this with toon boom studio and toon boom digital PE. So I updated the drivers and graphics card and still no luck, My stats are:

Microsoft Windows XP SP3
AMD Athlon 64 processor
3000+
1.81 GHz, 1.00 GB of Ram

Nvidia Geforce 6600 graphics card

Hi,

Although quite minimal the system should allow you to run the software. Are you getting the same thing with Animate Pro or only Animate?

Also what exactly are you doing to get the closing? If you leave the software idle does it closes to?

Regards,

Ugo

just toon boom animate, if I work with it or leave it idle, it shuts off, the same way a window closes, no error report ect… if I work or trace for a image, it closes

Hi,

How long does the software need to be idle before it closes? Also, does your machine have any application that would be doing some timed checkup that would be causing the close of the software?

This is quite weird as you don’t get any error message. Do you have any entries in the Windows log mentioning the close of the software?

Best regards,

Ugo

I get the same thing with Animate pro ple after a few minutes of just simple work the program will just crash, and my computer more than meets the requirements, and it gives me no error message either is there any way i can fix this?

Hi,

Would it be possible to have your exact system setup?

Processor?

Ram?

Graphic card?

Also if you are running other applications while this may be happening would it be possible to list them down?

Best regards,

Ugo

processor: Intel core 2 quad CPU 2.33ghz
ram: 8 gb
ati radeon HD 4650 1024 mb
i also have vista 64 bit

i belive it was the only program running

Hi,

Do you have a partition on your machine with a 32 bits version of the OS? For the moment we have only officialized the 32 bit counterpart so I would like to make sure it is working under that environment.

Also is this happening consistently and can you find a specific pattern to reproduce it.

Regards,

Ugo

I have these 2 issues commonly:

1. When I do fills it often freezes for up to 5 minutes and does not fill. Sometimes I restart the app and it works fine using same fill properties. Really basic fills are fine, but anything slightly complex usually confuses it.

2. Sometimes when I try to optimise > flatten I get “Access violation - no data” and it crashes. I find that if I optimise before filling I get issue #1 less, although it still occurs sometimes.

Mine is a Dual core QL-64 2.1 GHz, 4GB with Vista Home Premium and I’ve experienced these issues from clean boot ups with no other software running.

I’ve learned to save ALOT. It’s a pity because without the bugs this app would be really awesome.

Hi,

Concerning the filling, are you working mostly with pencil lines or brush lines. You may want to convert everything to brush as it may help with the filling. I have a feeling that the slowdown is caused by the fact the software need to generate lots of zone with the Close Gaps option. You may want to change the Close Gap option (disable it temporarily or make it close bigger gaps) and see if you get better performances.

For the Flattening too it might be better off to first convert to brush before going through the flattening as merging brush (fillings) with pencil (outline when you use the pencil tool) will be heavier to just merging brush to brush.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ugo