Toon Boom Animate Pro - Urgent - Quadro vs GeForce

Hi,

We need to buy a PC for animation design. We are buying it from xoticpc.com
It is usually said Quadro are best for such creative work - but in case of toon boom I have heard that GeForce performs best.

I have 3 options to choose from :

1. Nvidia 980M 8 GB ( GeForce )
  2. Nvidia K3100 4 GB ( Quadro )
  3. Nvidia 970M 6GB x 2 SLI ( GeForce)

970M and 980M being the most recent cards from Nvidia are immensely powerful and are on top of charts. K3100M is a little older series but still is among the top 20.

Can anyone please explain which one should I go for - the purpose for now seems 2D animations.

Apart from this laptop will have i7 4710MQ + 16GB memory + 512GB SSD MX 100 Crucial.

Also should I take 32 GB of memory rather than 16GB. And would the above specification be good enough if I want to use more softwares from Toon Boom like Harmony Studio and what happens if we try to play with a little 3D too.

If you have any other suggestion or vendor which we can buy from please do tell.

Thank You

TB Sales would be able to provide such details and interact with technicians to gather pertinent information.

Quadros are overpriced for what you’re getting and really only benefits you if you mainly do 3D rendering. OpenGL does not benefit from a Quadro card.

SLI is mainly used in games and will not directly benefit you in Animate Pro.
You are better off with one good graphic card as opposed to two not-as-good SLI cards.

For this reason the Nvidia 980M 8 GB ( GeForce ) is your best choice of the three.