Toon Boom Animate 2 Yosemite Incompatibility?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone, somewhere could give me a hand with a problem I have, I recently purchased a new iMac and have upgraded it to Yosemite, I reinstalled Animate 2 and activated the code BUT when I launch the application, nothing happens, the icon bounces for a couple of minutes before giving up where I have to then force-quit the application.

I got in touch with support and it was assumed that it was a security blockage of some sorts but i’ve changed gatekeeper to allow all files to be opened and the only response I get from Animate 2 is, “Animate is not responding”, i’ve done absolutely everything I can think of and the only lead I have is that animator and illustrator, Bob Flynn has had a similar problem which was down to Animate Pro 2 being incompatible with the newer operating systems due to a bug.

I know this is a lengthy read but if anyone can help it would be massively appreciated!

I am having the same issue, Animate 2 does not open on Yosemite :frowning:

Perhaps there is an update, or fix somewhere?

Thanks for any info.

Recently TB announced that all software is now compatible with Yosemite but you are required to re-download the software to get the updated version.

From TB Knowledge Base:

Installing the Yosemite Patch

How do I install the Yosemite patch?

All Toon Boom software is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. In order to use the correct version, all you need to do is install the latest version from your user account.

Click on your icon, and go to My Downloads
Select the “mac” link to download the new version
Install the software
If you’re already using the latest major version of the software, there is no need to upgrade your license. You can continue to use the same license.

If you are using an older version of the software, then we cannot guarantee compatibility with Yosemite. You should upgrade to the latest version.

The latest version numbers are as follows:

Toon Boom Studio 8.1
Toon Boom Animate 3
Toon Boom Animate Pro 3
Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 4.1
Toon Boom Harmony 10.3
Toon Boom Harmony 11.1
Newer versions will also be compatible with Yosemite.

i got brand new transformer avus laptop just so I could animate. I really want to try your software, but then I downloaded the free trial it said it was incompatible. what do i do.

Go into the system preferences and on the “General” tab of “Security & Privacy”, set the “Allow applications downloaded from:” to “Anywhere”