timeline playhead not updating

animate 2, mac pro 10.5.8 –

when i press return to begin playback, the playhead is visible until it reaches the end of the visible range in the timeline, then the animation continues to play but i cannot see the playhead. is there a way to force animate to update the visible range of the timeline according to the playhead position? as it is now, i either have to drag the slider until i find the playhead or make it the full length of the animation.

It doesn’t automatically scroll during playback. Please feel free to add this as a feature request in the feature request portion of the forums.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

will do, thanks.

any thoughts on how to “fudge” this functionality? commands that re-focus the timeline or anything like that?

Unfortunately, none of us can think of a way to fudge this behaviour.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

i posted a request in the other forum. even if the timeline could update when playback is stopped to show the new position of the playhead, that’d be sufficient. i’m rather surprised at this omission – i can understand that some people wouldn’t want it, but that seems very subjective, and in most cases i’d imagine folks would want that timeline to scroll, or at least jump.