This forum and the existing state of affairs

During recent months there have been a number of improvements to the user forum. Notably, Toon Boom support has been participating more and the spam is being removed. Thank you. Thank you.

It seems like every other major software and topic of interest has experts and enthusiasts looking to share knowledge and engage in discussions of the topic at hand. But there are never any threads here where people participate in ongoing discussions. This is absolutely frustrating and baffling to me.

The closest thing resembling a discussion on this forum was the commotion over the debut of the Harmony 12 tier structure, pricing and phasing out of Animate and Studio.

Where are the people doing animation for a living or hobby that like to discuss the activity?

Thanks for noticing the changes, we are working hard to be even closer to our customers. I would love to hear your ideas on how we can trigger more ongoing discussions in this forum. Technically there is nothing stopping the community in doing this. If there is technical issues with the backend system, we are listening to feedback too :slight_smile:

So if you were to start a discussion, what would be the topic of interest ?
Maybe you can start the thread ?

Cheers !

Michel Besner
President Toon Boom Animation

I can relate. I’ve been answering a lot of people myself here, and the kind of cutout rigs ive built are too advanced than any tutorial on youtube for toonboom so i have no one to talk to about the build.

There used to be a time when the forum was exactly what you are describing here. Animators, both amateur and professional would share advise and discuss, even ToonBoom employees, I remember Lilly from ToonBoom used to be quiet active on the forums, answering questions and posting screenshots. I don’t know if any of the old fellows are still around but we all value this forum. I hope it goes back to the way it used to be.