Thicken brush strokes

Is there a way to expand or thicken existing brush strokes (without manually adjusting every contour)?

I’m trying to achieve a nice thick silhouette outline by duplicating the drawing into an underneath layer and then thickening the outline so it expands beyond that of the top drawing, thus giving a nice thick edge.

Thanks,
Will.

If you draw with pencil lines it’s very easy to expand the width, you simply select the line and increase the size.

You could try converting from brush strokes to pencil lines. Sometimes you will get a variation in the curve when you do this kind of conversion, but since you are just trying to make a copy underneath another drawing, it might work well enough for your purposes.

In Animate Pro, there is a Matte Resize node that would achieve what you want as well, but this is not available through Animate.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

“If you draw with pencil lines it’s very easy to expand the width, you simply select the line and increase the size”, Lilly this option doesn’t seam to work with my TBA copy. I reset the general settings of my Cintiq, but nothing changed. After selecting the pencil-drown line and encreasing the size, its thickness doesn’t change. The same with rectangle tool …

If you select the line using the Hollow/White Arrow you do not have line options to choose from.

If you select the line using the BLACK ARROW and then go back to the Pencil tool you only have a Pencil Properties window and any changes to the line character only apply to what you draw afterwards.

If you select the line using the BLACK ARROW and keep it on the BLACK ARROW you will see Pencil Selection options which do effect the selected line.

So:

1. Click on the BLACK ARROW
  2. Encircle the line to highlight it. (Do not change the tool. Keep the black arrow selected).
  3. A Pencil Selection window is exposed with options for line variables. Adjust these and the line will be effected in real time.