The Keys To Using Key Frames

Hi,
I’ve had toonboom4 for a couple of months now and have used it exclusively to make flip book style animations. I really would like to do cut out animations but am having difficulty with keyframes. i am missing something terribly obvious, so obvious i cannot find it in the users manual. Could anyone please help me?

How do i make a simple object tween from one key frame to another?

Curently i create and object, paste it to an element, make the first cell a keyframe move down to keyframe number 20 or so and create another keyframe but I have yet to figure out how to get anything inbetween or how to move the object.

Please help an animator out.

Aha i have figured it out, actually i found the answer digging through the forum here. i have been doing everything in the drawing view. Little did i know that there is a camera view. Hmmm they should probably come up with a sheet with theings like this that are so obvious and yet rather obscure too the uninittiated noob.

I think you will find many of your questions answered in these articles on the Cartooning In Toon Boom blog. Also check out the Cartooning in Toon Boom Wiki.

INDEX OF ARTICLES BY SUBJECT CATAGORY

Let us know if you have additional questions about using TBS there are plenty of people here at the forums who can help you with your progress. -JK

Thanks,

I’ll read throught eh Wikki. I really appreciate such a quick reply. The community here really seems first rate!

I look forward to figuring out more about toonboom and then, at somepoint hopefully to be ablew to help out others who are just figuring out this amazing tool. But for now, time to hit the books!

Seth (AKA) Logopai