The Create button NOT work

The “create” button at the open of the program Story board doesnt work, its in grey, so I cant create new storysboards. Even dont work under the menu New Soryboard.Please Its a critical situation for me.TNKS in advance

maybe you forgot to put some title.You have name and title to fill then it’s working , no ?

I’m having the same problem. I have filled every field:Directory, Name, title, subtitle. I have hightlighted a resolution. The ‘Create’ button is greyed out. What does it want? ???

Lubbin is correct - in order for the Create button to not be greyed out, you have to have filled out the Directory, the Name, and the Title fields. If all of these fields are filled out and you’re still not able to create a new Storyboard, then this is something I haven’t heard of before. Are you able to open a Storyboard, and just not create one?Why don’t you go ahead and attach a screenshot of what your screen looks like when the Create button is greyed out. Just go ahead and upload your screenshot to a free site like Photobucket and then you can post the link here.~LillyToon Boom Support

I am able to open a storyboard (thankfully I did a test run when I first got the software and saved a board, so I opened that and worked on it). I cannot create a new one. Here’s a screenshot…http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4477056841_b98d79fe49_o.pngI am on a MacPro 2x3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 4Gb tower, running Mac OS X 10.6.2Thanks for your help!Maria

I am able to open a storyboard (thankfully I did a test run when I first got the software and saved a board, so I opened that and worked on it). I cannot create a new one. Here’s a screenshot…http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2746/4477056841_b98d79fe49_o.pngI am on a MacPro 2x3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 4Gb tower, running Mac OS X 10.6.2Thanks for your help!Maria

Ok, I was saying before I am able to open an existing storyboard…well, I tried that today and I couldn’t… the path is not valid?Opening it from the program didn’t work and going to the folder and double clicking didn’t work. Maybe I’ll trash the preferences and restart the machine when I have time…It’s the only thing I can think to do.screenshot:http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4478215750_1bddcb8c3e_o.pngI am a bit lost as to what’s going on here.

Hi mariapena,you might want to check if the folder where you want to create the new storyboard exists :wink:

In addition to whether it exists, it may be that there are invalid characters in the name. I noticed that you used a colon (:slight_smile: in your path. This is not a valid character. I’m not sure how you managed to get this in your path in the first place - if I try to create a new folder with a : in the name, I get an error message. Try creating a new path without any illegal characters in it and try again. Just use numbers, letters, and underscores _ .~LillyToon Boom Support

Hi,Yes, that solved the problem. I had a folder under my Work folder called Target/Illoura and several folders within it, and that’s probably where it all started. While I was able to create a new folder within that, the program wouldn’t accept it. I went to my work folder and created a new folder called Targetanimatic and I was able to create a new storyboard. Who knew!Thanks for your help!!Maria

Oh, and I might add, the Target/Animatic folder was being referred to by the program in the dialogue box as ’ Target:Animatic’, that’s where the colon came from. I must stop using forward slash in my folder names. It is not a problem for Mac OS but obviously it can get me in trouble within apps like storyboarder pro…Thanks again,

Yes generally it is a good idea, to be safe, to stick to the regular alphanumeric characters, a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and usually _ and - are also safe.Glad we sorted it out!~LillyToon Boom Support