templates

Seems like the library should be able to search and add multiple *.tbt files through out a folder. Unless I’m misunderstanding, I’ve had to go back and search and locate *.tbt files and add manually. If something is described as a template, you should be able to import all elements of a template at one time by pointing to the folder. This should include all scenes and subelements: props, BGs_Overlays, Characters, sound tracks, etc.

Hi,

The way the template library work is not quite how you think.

Basically, the template library consist in 2 things, the tbt files which are the template themselves and the tbc file which is the template catalog. What actually defines which templates you see in your library are those tbc files. Therefore, the fact of physically dropping tbt in the same folder as the tbc does not necessarily link them to the tbc which means they will not show in your catalog. To get them in you will need to import them through the Library interface. This being said, be aware that you can select multiple files at a same time when doing your import so if you put all your templates in a single folder you can select them all in a single import.

Nevertheless I will mention your request to our product manager.

Best regards,

Ugo

Maybe I don’t understand the correct way? What I have is the In the Park Template, I tried to import the whole template, scenes, props, etc. All I ended up with was a folder labeled “In the Park” - with no content in the folder. I tried copy all folder contents into the specified path which is setup under preferences - nothing. In fact, when I import through the Library I see no files listed in that folder either - such as .tbt etc. Which I would expect to see - otherwise what is the purpose of the folder? I guess that I’m really confused as to why this would be so difficult?? One other question if you don’t mind. When you import the files such as .tbt into the Library - “hundreds and hundreds” - does that affect the final output file as it does in Flash?

Hi,

Concerning importing multiple file at a same time you need to actually handpick only tbt files on your section. Selecting folder won’t work. This being said the In the Park set should have actually been packaged with a tbc file. If you keep the folder in which the library is with the same file hierarchy you should be able to simply open the tbc library (on the left side of the library do Open Library) to have access to all the files contained in the packaged.

You might want to give a look to the online help concerning Re-using content and library for most of this information is documented.

As for the second question, unlike Flash our libraries are not linked to project so they are not carried around whenever you more your project from one place to the other. You can always create new library that you will send separately if you need. The only thing that is exported with a project is the assets of the project itself.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks -it’t nice to know the file will not be bloated with the library content.

Thanks for helping!