Templates

Apparently I wasn’t clear with my earlier posting. I want to be able to save a full range of animation, just like the DER-DER animation sequence that came with the 3.0 version as a single template. I want to be able to drag the animation sequence template onto my exposure sheet and have all the frames and pegs preset. In other words, How do I save a full animation sequence as one single template?

Hi dave,

Simply regroup all the elements (what ever length, exposure or duration) under one single master peg that contains everything.

Make sure this peg is collapsed and drag this peg into the library.

If collapsed, dragging a peg into the library will include everything inside that peg.

That’s it!

BTW, This is the way I saved the Der Der character into the Toon Boom Library.

Cheers,

Awsome, thanks for the information, now I can work alot faster!!

Would this work for Skeleton Effect Elements too? Like if you wanted to save a Bone Structure sequence in order to have different characters move in identical ways in different scenes or whatever?

Yes, bone assisted animations can be saved in templates just like every other type of animation. -JK

I’ve been using the template function with great success in my animations. The only problem I have is that I’ve discovered that it’s not really beneficial to set up any camera moves in the templates because the cameras in the template don’t work the same when I pull them into my master comp.

Any tips on how to use the nested camera shots for the nested sequence, and turn off the main camera?

Kris10

The way I manage that is by animating the moves into my elements instead of using the camera, that way I can have a form of nested camera effects. Conceptually approach your camera work as if you were doing it in Flash which doesn’t have a camera. For example key frame scaling an element is the same as moving the camera closer or farther away. Etc. Hope that gives you some ideas on how to approach it. -JK

Yes, I can see how that would work. But that’s one of the reasons why I use TB over flash. Because I can use the camera similarly to AE.

I think the solution would be to use the Flash technique on a case by case basis.

Thanks!

Kris10