TBSimporter Installation for FlashMX 2004

The directory structure is different for Flash MX 2004. Where do I put the plugin files? Flash MX location is …\Flash MX\First Run\Importers.
But Flash MX 2004 does not have this same path. The closest thing would be …\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\ ; however, there is no Importers folder.
Should I create one & put the files there or what?

Thanks,
Mike Carrel
OSU Webmaster
carrelm@okstate.edu

I have the same problem, so, if you’ve found an issue, please let me know…

Same here. It looks like it’d be a great tool, if I could get it installed.

I have the same problem with the TBSiv3 ! The doc on the website and the doc bundled with the Zip package don’t give the same information and the two doesn’t seems to work ?? ???

I have a FL8/TBS set up and it works fine. I placed the importer file and folder in:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Importers

The “Read Me TBSi.rtf” file that comes zipped with the TBSiv3 plugin states the following:

1) To install the TBSi Plug-in, first unzip the TBSiV3.zip file. The compressed zip file includes the following items:

ToonboomStudioImportPlugin.dll file
ToonboomStudioImportPlugin folder

2) Close any instances of Macromedia Flash.

3) Copy (or replace if files exist) the two items in these 2 locations on your hard drive:

Macromedia Flash MX 2004
- Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\Importers

- Documents and Settings%YourUserName%\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\Configuration\Importers

Macromedia Flash 8
- \Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Importers

4) Restart Macromedia Flash and you’re off!

OK, I just made a quick test using Flash MX.

I placed the importer files in the same place as on FL8 in:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\Configuration\Importers

And this works. I can import a .tbp file into Flash MX.

It also works if you place it in:
C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\Importers

I guess this means “yes”, you need to create a new folder if you do not have one.
As far as …Docs & Settings… goes I did not have this folder and did not place anything there.

Hope this helps.