TBSi5 Windows Flash Importer Issue

I installed the TBSi5 Flash importer on Windows XP and it works fine. However, on Windows Vista, I get an error message when I select import from Flash and it says that it cannot load the DLL. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

As explained by e-mail we would need to know what specific DLL you are having difficulties with. Also make sure you install the dll folder as well as the executable.

Best regards,

Ugo

Here is the error message in Flash CS3 on Windows Vista when I select the “import” option from Flash:

"The error message is: "Unable to load external importer “ToonboomstudioImportplugin.dll”."

Again, the pluggin works fine with Windows XP. The plugin was installed in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Importers - where the dll is in that folder as well as the toonboom folder. This is the exact install as the Windows XP computer where the plugin works.

The only thing I can say is, that TBSi5 works pretty well in CS4 (Vista x64).

Christian

Hi,

You may try to download the file again. Also, make sure your version of Flash is up to date and if you are under 64 bits OS you may have to drop the DLL under Program Files (x86) (not exactly sure where Flash is saved under that OS but I suppose they just swap the the legacy Program Files).

Finally, try to run your Flash as Administrator when you launch it and maybe try to launch it in compatibility mode as well.

Best regards,

Ugo