TBSi v4

I purchased TBS 4, downloaded the TBSi 4 importer, unzipped the zip files and copied the ToonboomStudioImportPlugin.dll file and the
ToonboomStudioImportPlugin folder
to the prescribed locations for Flash MX 2004 and Flash 8. Both versions of Flash were closed; then I opened Flash with the new plug-in. Now when I import a file type “Toon Boom Studio” TBSImporter_Phone.tbp into Flash 8, the TBSi dialog box opens, but when I try to import a file type “Toon Boom Studio” TBSImporter_Phone.tbp into Flash MX Professional 2004 Version 7.2 (the version of Flash I prefer to use), the TBSi dialog box does not open.
I am doing this under Windows XP Version 5.1 Service Pack 2.

I believe there may be a bug in TBSi 4 as it relates to the Flash MX 2004 version of Flash.

Hi,

Not sure if that is the case (don’t have MX 2004 installed) but you might want to look in a place similar to the one of Flash MX in case the files were moved in another location: Try looking for a MX 2004 in the following location :

Documents and Settings%YourUserName%\Application Data\Macromedia<u>Flash MX 2004\Configuration/Importers

*underlined part I am not sure if it exists

You might also want to see if you can use the other pluggins installed for MX 2004.

Let me know if you are still having difficulties.

Best regards,

Ugo

I unzipped the zip files and copied the ToonboomStudioImportPlugin.dll file and the
ToonboomStudioImportPlugin folder
to the Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\Configuration\Importers location, which is the location prescribed in the Read Me TBSi.rtf file. I think the path you allude to was for Flash MX (not 2004). Anyway, I went ahead and built that other location and copied the stuff there just to see, but that didn’t work either.
The other importer plugins for my Flash MX 2004 are working, such as the dialog box which appears when importing a Macromedia Freehand file, and the dialog box which appears when importing a Quicktime file.

Hi,

I will try to test it on MX 2004 to see if there is a trick to this. I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Best regards,

Ugo

Umm, it’s been over 6 weeks. Any news?

Hi,

Truly sorry been very busy lately and this one slipped through. Had some difficulties installing that version of Flash and ended up forgetting. If possible could you send an e-mail to techsupport@toonboom.com (I’ll get the reminder from there and it will be easier to track for me then directly here in the forum).

Gonna try to get it as soon as I can.

Regards,

Ugo

Hi Satelite,

Again sorry for the late reply, I managed to install MX 2004 and there indeed if you follow the path from the documentation it won’t work (I requested it to be changed). To have the TBSi working you need to drop the pluggins in the following folder instead:

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash MX 2004\en\First Run\Importers

Tested here and worked perfectly.

I will send you an e-mail reply as well.

Best regards,

Ugo