TBS program acting weird

So, my toon boom software is acting weird. After using it for a couple of weeks with relatively no problems, suddenly the program is on the fritz. I worked for close to ten hours on a clip yesterday, saved it and went to dinner. When I tried opening the file, an error message came up saying it could not find a sound file that I had imported earlier that day (which has happened several times before with other projects and various and sundry elements - the software seems to lose track of different things during the course of use). However this time, when I clicked the “OK” button on the error message (figuring I’d just re-import the sound file), the program would pause for a second, then crash. It did this over and over and over whenever I tried to re-open the file. I haven’t been able to recover the work I did.

Curious, I opened up another file and that file told me that it could not detect a sound file I had imported, but it least it opened. However, when I closed it and then immediately tried to open it again, it told me it had lost a completely different sound file unrelated to the one before. Strange.

Other things: Sometimes my pegs disconnect from their elements for no apparent reason whatsoever. And sometimes when I lay down a keyframe, a faint light blue line appears where the keyframe line should be. Also, going between ScenePlanning mode and default/drawing mode - sometimes my images in the viewer disappear altogether, even though they still exists in my time line - turning the backlight on and off and on and off does nothing to help - and I usually have to save and restart TBS for the images to come back up. Least, but not last, I have “correctly” created several cut out characters, which I have stored in my library, but when I click and drag them into my time line box, they appear in the viewer all fragmented and disjointed (when I hadn’t saved them that way). There are more bugs to report, but these are the top ones. Does anyone know why this is happening? I have a brand new desktop mac with OSX 5 Leopard and I’m really confused why this is happening… I’m hoping these problems aren’t common bugs associated with the software - that would suck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

GSH

Hi,

First, which exact version of Toon Boom Studio are you currently working with?

Next you might want to change the renderer used by the software from Quartz2D to OpenGL or vice versa (Toon Boom Studio vX.X > Preferences > Display tab). This may fix your disappearing issue.

As for the lost sound issue we would need to get a sample of the project to define what exactly is going on.

Regards,

Ugo

I’m working with the downloadable demo version 4.5… but I was sold on buying the software until this started happening… which is why I was asking if these problems are universal with the program.

I went ahead and switched my preference from Quartz2D to open GL in hopes that will solve my issue.

As far as you needing a sample, how do I supply you with that?

Hi,

You can either send me a private message or an e-mail and we will provide you a link to upload the project on ftp.

Regards,

Ugo