TBS drawing view focus

when I attempt to draw in the drawing view, either mouse or stylus, I must click in window twice in order to establish drawing view focus. one of the clicks must be in the actual drawing area and not just the window title bar… only exception is after I am leaving properties window focus… I can immediately start drawing in drawing view window… all other windows requires a double click in drawing view window in order to be able to actually draw something.

regards,
William

Hi William,

This has been addressed in the upcoming patch to be released in the beginning of year 2007. Now you will be able to draw directly without having to focus in the window first.

Best regards,

Ugo

1. thank you for responding so rapidly.

2. I am very pleased to receive this news… did not want to be notified that it was MY problem, etc…

3. I had called Toon Boom customer support long distance from Chicago and was told I had to utilize email due to the fact that was TBS customer. You do not provide telephone support, especially as this was bug?

4. Is it possible to customize GUI with XML???

regards,
    William

Hi William,

Concerning the support, there is no live phone support for Toon Boom Studio. You need to send the issues via e-mail at techsupport@toonboom.com. For bug report you can also send them using the form at the following link:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/tbs/bugs.php

Any bug reported should be answered within 24h after the reception of the report.

As for the interface, it is not actually customizable with XML though we are working on implementing a new user interface for the upcoming release of Toon Boom Studio. It is not yet confirmed but the new thing should be much more efficient space wise and there should not any flying window and overlapping thing anymore.

Best regards,

Ugo