TBS Crashes

Can someone please help me.

Purchased TBS 3.5 sometime ago and now using on a new computer. Previously ran well on my old PC, but now crashes when I attempt to add a keyframes, or use the rotate or transform features. I’m assuming there’s other features that will cause it to crash which I’m yet to discover. Here are my specs…

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8500 @ 3.16 GHz
3.17 GHz, 2.75 GB of RAM
Windows XP
Nvidia GeFprce 8800 GTX

Obviously this is well above the original system requirements for TBS 3.5. Just can’t understand that this computer is better than my old one in every way, yet TBS is having problems.

Please help!

Older softwares are not supported by newer operating systems. Are you running 64-bit XP or 32-bit? 64-bit is not supported by Studio 3.5.

Your best bet is probably upgrading to Studio 5. Generally for system crashes it’s best to send inquiries directly to techsupport@toonboom.com.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it. I’m running 32-bit. I’ll try the support forums, but if admin happens to read this, I’d love to hear from you.

This could be a problem with the “Sync Current Frame” feature in the Function Editor. Go to the function editor and uncheck the sync current frame option. Does this prevent your software from crashing?

This issue was solved in newer versions of Studio.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Thanks very much for the response. I tried it… no improvement sadly. I’m actually beginning to think I might have a memory leak problem with my computer. I’m investigating others things at present to isolate the issue.