TBS 8.1 crash when uploading an image

Today I bought Toon Boom Studio 8.1. I’m running a Mac OSX Mavericks Late 2012 Retina display and have a problem. First of all i’m totally new to this software, and would like to know if there are any tutorial videos on getting started for TBS. Second of all, I’m an artist, and draw psychedelic cartoons, and would like to import an image into TBS, however everytime I try to upload the .jpg or even .psd file, TBS crashes. I’ve tried importing it as a vector as well, and the same thing happens. If there’s something I’m doing wrong please let me know.

You can find more information Toon Boom Studio product web pages. I also see some useful tips from Youtube and also here, one of power use of Toon Boom Studio at http://animationcraft.blogspot.ca/2007/04/index-of-posted-articles-by-category.html which is very thorough and one of the best site ever IMHO.
For the crash, you need be careful the bitmap image you are importing is not that huge or you can change the value of rendering option including system memory in Preferences>Display tab to increase reserved memory while lowering quality for better performance for heavy drawings. If you are importing and vectorizing, make sure you are vectorizing as color texture for painted images. Hope this helps.