TBS 6 crashes when I select import from TWAIN

Hello all,

As the title says, TBS 6 stops working when I try to select my scanner from Import Images-From TWAIN or Select TWAIN Source. I am using a CanoScan LiDE 700f with the most recent driver (14.0.6.64), Windows 7 64 bit.

When I attempt to import via TWAIN, I make sure I have a new Image element. Any thoughts as to what is causing this or how I might fix this problem?

Edit: Oddly enough, my scanner shows up as a capture device along with my webcam.

Steven

I’m having a very similar problem. Except I’m using a Canon LIDE 110. Every time I attempt to “Import and Vectorize” from TWAIN, the scanning progress bar fills up and then everything just freezes.

I have the latest drivers. Did you ever find a solution to this problem? It’s very frustrating.

No sir, I never did get it figured out. The funny thing is, I had tech support remotely control my machine to replicate the problem, but even they were vexed. Funnier still, the scanner works perfectly with toonboom on my win7 64bit laptop. At the end of my session with tech support, I concluded that barring a system reinstall, I could just scan images into toonboom with my laptop and transfer them over to my desktop.

Sorry I could not be of more help. If you do ever figure out what’s going on, please share it with me, for this is a great mystery indeed!

Steven