TBS 5.0 Won't Open (Mac)

So I wanted to put Toon Boom Studio onto my Mac laptop. I installed it, activated the license, but when I open the application, it doesn’t work. I get one bounce of the icon on my dashboard, then it stops trying to open the program. I can’t figure out a way to fix the problem. If anyone could help me, I’d appreciate it.

Bump.

It is possible that the Mac is reading off of the mount instead of the application folder. The best thing to do is reinstall TBS making sure the program is copied into the home user’s application folder. If it still does not work, please contact support@toonboom.com for assistance.

I’ve tried what you said, and it didn’t work. I eMailed support, anything else you could offer would be appreciated. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hi,

I am having the same issue. the icon starts bouncing and it never opens Toonboom Animate.

Did you find a solution for this?

Thanks,

This is because it has an unidentified developer. AKA the people who made Toon Boom/Harmony/Whatever didn’t register with Apple. So use Finder to open the Applications folder, then control+click Harmony and click open, then hit open again.

I’m having the same problem. But When I control click the application it just bounces on the desktop screen and does nothing. I have to force quit it after it stops.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR THIS!

If you’re on the newest OSX (Sierra) you will need to do the following:

1. Download the installer.
  2. Open a terminal Window from Applications/Utilities and run the
    command: sudo spctl --master-disable
    in the Terminal application
  3. Mount the DMG (i.e. click on the installer for the software).
  4. Copy the software to the Applications folder.
  5. Start the software by right-clicking (or Ctrl+Click) and selecting Open.

THANK YOU!!! THIS TOTALLY FIXED IT FOR ME AS WELL!!! <3 <3 <3