TBS 4 Troubleshooting

I’ve witnessed a couple of issues with TBS 4 that I had not seen in prior versions, and was hoping for some insight.

When I export a movie to SWF, the sound is not being exported. There doesn’t appear to be a setting for the SWF export to turn off/on the sound, so I’m not sure how this could be.

One of the functions I’ve come to rely on is Preview Scene. It was always a quick way to make sure precision timing for actions like lip syncing were spot on. However, in TBS 4 the Preview Scene function is extremely slow. Even when I’m previewing just 20 or so frames, it can sometimes take 45+ seconds to render, where it used to take 3 seconds. This makes efficient work difficult, and more frustrating. Is there an alternative to Preview Scene that I’m missing?

I’m hoping for some clarity on these items.
Thank you,
–Will

Hi Will,

I don’t think there were that many changes in the export since most of it is handled by Quicktime. This being said I am concerned about the quick render time, would it be possible to provide us a problematic scene for us to see if there is something that could be causing this behavior in the scene (or in the software).

Best regards,

Ugo

I’ll ask the obvious question on your sound problem, did you accidentally un-check the sound element in your timeline, thus telling TBS not to include it in the render? Just a possibility as I have not had this problem with V4.0 and SWF. I even have a SWF in my Photo Cut Out Part 3 tutorial with sound totally made in V4.0. -JK