TBS 4 Crashing, saving and exporting

Hi Folks

I’m having a hell of a time at the moment. I’ve been blitzing this project for the past few months, Unfortunately the deadline I set myself was today and because of the following problems I’ve not achieved it.

At present my project stands at 5130 frames (I did wonder if it was too big for the program). However as of yesterday after I added more frames, even just one, when I came to save it it keeps shutting down on me. I had a little luck by saving the project to a memory pen, otherwise I’m no further along now than I was at 10.20pm yesterday, and I’ve been trying to figure this out all day.

I thought to myself, right well why not export what you have so far so that at least you’ve got a record of what you’ve done up to now. Every time I try to export it it says “export failed, the file might be in use by another application.” I don’t understand what this means, have I got the program open twice but one’s hidden??? I’m baffled and at a loss of how to rectify this. Following some advice in a thread a little ways down I took out the launch player option on the export menu, I’m just waiting to see how this works out.

Finally I opened up the original tbpd file and made carried on working. As I’ve learnt that it’s crashing out when I tried to save the progress I thought, what if I save it under another name in a different location? So I saved it to my memory pen which worked the first time. However every subsequent time it comes up with “file name…could not be found. This file may have been moved renamed deleted”. The next thing I did was to open the original tbpd file, carry on working with it and save it as file name 2 in the same location as the original. It brought up the same message.

I need help please, I’m not a techie so if it’s a computer problem I’ll need an idiots guide answer. It’s breaking my heart to have it go t*ts up at this stage, I had about 20 seconds left to animate before it is finished. I was up til 5 in the morning on Saturday working on it through the night in the hope it would be finished in time. Because of these problems it’s not and it’s really got me down. I do want to be able to finish it though as I’m really happy with the way it looks so far.

I would appreciate any assistance, thanks.

Oh I’m on a Mac OS X if that’s of any help.

I don’t have an answer for you, but I hope someone provides one. I have a similar problem: I’m on a Mac, too, and I saved three versions of an animation I was working on, but each time I try to open them now it gives me the same “file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted” message. I didn’t do anything different in the saving process than I usually do, and now I’m afraid that all of my work is completely gone (hopefully there is a solution, though!).

Unfortunately unticking the launch player option under the export menu didn’t do anything, it still gave me the same error message. Sorry to hear you’re suffering the same problem there Maz, although in a way I’m glad it’s not just me. Hopefully someone will be able to advise us and we can carry on and get our stuff finished.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. One thing I can think of is to make sure that your Hard Drive still has enough room. It sounds like if it was running low, it would give similar error messages.

Otherwise you can contact support@toonboom.com and they can help you in more detail.

Cheers Simon, I checked my space left. I have 138.79 GB left from 297.77 GB. As I said I’m not a techie so I’m quite unsure about this sort of thing but I would presume there’d still be enough space left. The other thing was that I saved it to a 4 GB memory pen too and it still gave me these problems.

I’ve E-Mailed the support team and pasted my original query with a few updates so should I get an answer/solution…I’ll post it here.