Tablet problems with Leopard and TBS4.0

Hi,

I am using a small Bamboo tablet and it did work fine with TBS 4.0 until I did upgrade to leopard. All programs (Storyboard, Painter, Photoshop) still work fine except ToonBoomStudio. The program only displays the first dot of every line, the rest of each stroke is not visible.

I re-installed drivers and software several times but the problem remains the same.

Could anyone help? Thanks a lot!

Florian

Hi Florian,

This is a known problem at the moment for the new OSX 10.5. Since we have just received the launch version here we are actually working on this as we speak. You can expect a patch to be released to fit the new OS in the coming weeks to fit the new OS (there are other little compatibility issues but nothing as critical as the tablet support).

Best regards,

Ugo

Thank you Ugo!

How will we know about the patch? Is there a mailing list or something similar?

Best regards,
Florian

Hi,

There should be a notice by e-mail if you are subscribed to the mailing list in the Member section under My Profile but in any case we usually post the launch of patches of the forum as well so just stay tuned and you should be able to tell when the patch is out.

Best regards,

Ugo

I also have this issue with Leopard /TBS4/Tablet. Is this patch expect to come in the short term? I don’t see where I would find patches on the website?

Thanks

Hi,

The patch should be available through the Member section of our website under My Products. An announcement should be done when the software will be ready (most likely on forum and through a newsletter) and instructions about our to recover it will be given.

Best regards,

Ugo

Having this same problem. Will the patch also be available for the 30-day trial, or will an updated version of the 30-day trial be available for download?

I realize trial versions are “unsupported,” but I already own v3.5, which broke under Leopard … I’d just like the opportunity to play around with the new version a bit and make sure it all works before I pony up for the upgrade. :wink:

Thanks guys.

Hi,

We should make a new 30 days trial for Mac along with the patch.

Regards,

Ugo

Anyone know if there’s any word on a fix for this bug yet?

Thanks!

Hi,

Not yet but it should be ready by the end of the month if everything goes well.

Best regards,

Ugo

I just got my TB 4 today and I have the same problem with an Intuos 2 and Leopard. Glad to hear a patch will be forth coming. My mouse draws just fine. I hate using a mouse to draw, tho.

I don’t think it’s Leopard. My Graphire 4 pen works fine in Toon Boom Studio Express but doesn’t work at all in Studio 4 Demo.

I didn’t get my TBS4 until right after I got Leopard so I can’t say about what it would have done on mine prior to 10.5. The first post suggests 4 an L have a problem.

it’s a tb4 problem … not a leopard problem. my brush and pencil work fine in my tb version 3.x, but does not work in my tb version 4.x, hence it is a tb4 problem. i use the wacom cintiq 21ux and otherwise have never had probs inside of tb 3.x before.

I have the same problem with TBS4 and I can assure You that the tablet problem is caused by Leopard. I´ve been working with TBS4 on Tiger for some months and all worked fine. Starting Leopard the show was over. Starting from another volume with Tiger everything is ok! By the way , Photoshop 7 also wouldn´t work with Leopard .Only cs3 is said to do so! So the announced TBS 4 patch will hopefully save our lives!

Hi,
that is a good news! Purchased TB4 tonight and was a bit angry about this problem. Now i read in this forum that you will fit this, can sleep now well.

(sorry my english) :-X

Well…this problem with Leopard is a real annoyance (especially) when you’re in professional production…Why Toonboom crew don’t post informations about this problem on a dedicated page online or send an email to their clients? It’s not a good way that you first wait posts from users…and simply post an answer through the forum… it’s a very serious problem! without tablet ToonBoom is totally useless. I’ve read on your site that you guarantee a full compatibility and support with Leopard…that’s not true at this time and we lost a lot of time…anyway, please, do your best more time about these problems before users experiences and let us know more seriously. Thank you.

Hi,

We could not know the presence of this issue until OSX was released so we did discover the bug in the same time as users. Also be aware that Toon Boom Studio is not yet supported on Leopard and it is not mentioned in the system requirement. At the moment only Storyboard and Digital Pro is compatible with Leopard.

This being said you can expect the patch to be ready for next week. It has gone through final testing and all there is left to do is to get the final approval to launch it.

Best regards,

Ugo

Ok…thank’s Ugo.
But don’t forget that we need always infos from you about these kind of problems and because it’s usual to find support and update like others softwares directly on their developper’s site (with history etc…) I think it will be a good thing and very usefull with ToonBoom… just a suggestion.
thank’s again.

I’m glad to see this forum addressing such urgent user needs and for Toon Boom responding in such a quick manner - i too am ingreat need of that patch … :’(