Tablet Pen Issue

Hello,

So, I recently upgraded from Harmony 15 to Harmony 16 (using TBH Advanced) and when I opened it, I was unable to draw anything with my pen. I’m using an XP-Pen 22HD with standard settings. It worked just fine in Harmony 15, but now I can’t do anything. The thing is, I can still draw with my mouse just fine. But, who wants to draw with their mouse when they have a perfectly good tablet?

My layers aren’t locked, I was drawing with the frame selected, and I was using the correct tool. I even made a color card and put that under the drawing layer and Harmony seems to be picking up that I am drawing with my pen, it just won’t put down a stroke or have any pen pressure.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Harmony to see if that would fix the problem, but it just repeated itself. Does anyone have a solution for this? Until it’s patched or someone finds a solution, I’ll have to go back to 15, which sucks because I was really looking forward to using the GIF feature and not having to port all my frames over to GIMP every time I wanted to make a gif.

This worked for me as well, you’re a lifesaver <3

Right-click Toon Boom > Properties > Compatibility – turn on ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: Application’ and ‘disable fullscreen optimizations.’ ( not sure these did anything but reduce lag, but it’s working so I’m not messing with it. )

Open Toon Boom and go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced, turn on ‘Use QT Wintab Tablet Support’

In Pen Tablet settings (driver app for Artist22E) click ‘Supports Digital Ink’

Toon Boom will work as it should as long as you don’t reconnect another monitor (so far as I know, I’m just starting so this was step one for me). You can also go into display setting and under ‘multiple displays’ select ‘show only on 1’ or 2 or whichever monitor is the XP-Pen, to turn off your other monitor

Tell me if this works for you.

EDIT: source
https://forums.toonboom.com/harmony/support-and-troubleshooting/xp-pen-display-toon-boom-harmony-essentials

Thank you so much for this solution! It worked great and luckily I don’t have to worry about the multiple monitor thing since I don’t have multiple HDMI ports on my PC.

Thanks again!