Switching License from Mac to PC

I use Toon Boom on my 4 years old iMac and it works great! But I am thinking of getting a PC Desktop tower with cintiq, it seem much cheaper if I go with this route.

My Question is
Is it possible to switch the license for both of my Storyboard Pro and Toon Boom Harmony from Mac to PC?

thank you in advance!

just check with support but all the products of toonboom i have the licence works on both Mac and PC

TheRaider, thank you for your reply.

Lilly, I am getting a HP computer with i7-2600 quad-core processor 8 gig of Ram and 3GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 video card.

I was told that this is good spec, what do you think?

For Storyboard and Harmony remember to return your license from the mac before destroying it ;D. And then you can activate it on the PC. You can have the softwares on both machines but only one active at a time.

that’s funny. I finally return the license for Harmony and StoryBoard Pro this morning(02/02/1012) around 10:30am… so far I am waiting for anyone at toon boom to reply. I can’t imagine having software on both Mac and PC so i can later activate it at my convenience.

On that note, I wonder if it is normal for 6 hrs wait for tech support to reply?

that’s funny. I finally return the license for Harmony and StoryBoard Pro this morning(02/02/1012) around 10:30am… so far I am waiting for anyone at toon boom to reply. I can’t imagine having software on both Mac and PC so i can later activate it at my convenience.

On that note, I wonder if it is normal for 6 hrs wait for tech support to reply?

I could be wrong, but if you install on a new machine, you can probably use the license wizard to activate it yourself once your old license was returned on the old computer.

darkroar, thank you. I will try that as soon as I know where the link to my copy of the 2 software are!
:smiley: I will let you and all know, if it works.
Thanks again.

darkroar, thanks for the tip. I can install StoryBoard Pro, yay! Thanks for your help.
To Lilly, if you read this, I tried to download Harmony software but my link expired. Who may I ask for new download link? Thank you!

Just contact support@toonboom.com. You should tell them which version you had, 7.8 or 9.2.

As for the license, as you saw you don’t need to wait for a reply. You disactivate it (return it) from one machine and then use the same code on the other machine to activate it through the license wizard in both cases.

To explain my comment earlier, you could have harmony installed on a machine at work and on your home computer but the license would be active either on the home or the work machine. If you want to do that, before leaving work you can return the license with the wizard and then when you get home you activate it. Next morning you deactivate it from home and activate it back at work. Etc.

thank you, stevemasson. This partially is my ignorant and partially Toon Boom tech support. I had conversation with Toon Boom Tech through e-mail about license switching. Toon Boom Tech doesn’t really give me a straight answer but mostly answer to me with more question(s). I find that it is much better to come in here get straight answer. With you and darkroar helps. I got both software up and running this morning! Very much appreciated, thank you.

Yes it should be possible, just make sure that the PC meets the system requirements. If you plan to do a lot of storybaording and animating, make sure it has a good graphics card.

~Lilly

That sounds great!

~Lilly