switching cameras (TBA2)

Hi,

is it possible to switching between cameras on the timeline. I.e. camera 1 works till 20 frame and camera 2 works from 21 frte to the end. Is it possible to do?

Hi mejker,

short answer i believe is NO, you can’t have multiple cameras in the timeline. You can basically have the default view, 3D perspective views(top, side etc) and drop a new camera into timeline with a motion peg etc.

You could use keyframes on the camera to jump from one position to another with no transition.

Not sure how up-to-date this page is but gives some useful info: https://www.toonboom.com/resources/tips-and-tricks/camera-effects

Toonist | Animate Pro User | Apple Mac Addict

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.youtube.com/user/Illustriate
www.facebook.com/drawmill
www.drawmill.com

Hello! I have a great doubt about several parts of an animation. I am making a music clip, but I don´t know how put other parts. In Flash we can made scenes e automaticaly this parts joint and make a film. How I can to do in Toon Boom, two or more parts in the same work? Thanks !

Hi Jason,

thanks for reply. I expected this answer :slight_smile:

Do you know are the same “possibilties” in TBA PRO and Harmony?

I think you should render it and composite in other software (Premiere, After Effects, FCX, Motion etc.)

Hi mejker,

i am not sure about Harmony, i use Animate Pro 2 so that’s as far as my ‘experience’ goes :smiley:

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.drawmill.com

ok Jason :slight_smile:

Hi Rivaldo

Yeh i agree with mejker , you need to put all your various bits of animation / clips together into a video editor like Final Cut Pro, Adobe premier etc.

If you need to ‘add’ a scene that doesn’t currently exist, then thats a whole different problem :smiley:

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.drawmill.com

So for me to make a movie of 15 minutes with 70 shares, I have to make a folder with every part, save one by one and then join another program? If a program is totally meaningless, I can not imagine anyone making a movie an hour and a half using this process.
In this case, Adobe Flash overcomes Toon Boom then why there is possible and creating scenes within a project, which I consider a significant advance.

Hi rivaldo,

not sure what you mean by ‘shares’ but your statement “I cannot imagine anyone making a movie… using this process” - That process being; “using an editing suite to put your scenes together” - well this is an industry standard way of working…

Having scenes would be useful for simple quick and short animation, but on a larger scale with possibly several animators working on the same project, having all your scenes in one file is problematic.

Piecing your various rendered scenes together in an editing suite is an industry standard way of working, It allows you to tweak the length of a scene, creating transitions etc without the need to edit the original scene(s).

I believe this was a conscious decision by ToonBoom as it suits an animation studios way of working with multiple animators, there may be plans to change that but this should never be considered as a deal breaker.

Twitter @jasonvenus
www.drawmill.com

It’s the same for Harmony. One other reason to limit the project size to one shot/scene is because computers have limited resources. Resources in animation programs are optimized to produce animation. Editing programs optimize their tools for piecing together several movie parts into a larger whole.

Any software can be brought to a crawl by a lack or RAM or Video Card RAM. Even when you build a superior system, there are sometimes limitations in the Operating System for how much of the system’s resources are allocated to a single application.