SWF exporting problems

i have been trying to get a presentation done for work…i have been working with swish max…it works fine…but i am trying to get a bit more out of it…
i have been working between painter and photoshop and swishmax UNTIL…i thought "hey, i have animate which i spent 700 bucks back when and then another couple of hundred for animate 2 and it is an “ALL IN ONE”…
started with just blending a picture out with a transparency and it looked great on stage…rendered it out to SWF…no transparency effect included…i checked the blocked effects tab…nothing is blocked…
and yeah i am venting a bit, but this is really frustrating…a $100 dollar program can blend transparencies and my “all in one”(which costs about $400 now) can’t?

OK…here is my question: how do i export transparency effect in a swf?

any help would be much appreciated,

thanks,

Todd

ok…i have kept on searching here…found a simular post…so i tested the movie…it worked fine…exported the swf again…i am getting the same problem…

i have 3 layers…60 frames (to test)…about 2 1/2 seconds

Transparency
-----picture 01
Picture 02

very basic file…nothing complicated…

and now i’m going to go get a hair transplant…

yeah i am using Animate 2…and it works fine when i test it…and i did render and play…it did fine…i just cant get it to export with the effects…

i’m going to start another file with the same pics and everything and see if it does something different…

i did a new file using same pics…still doesnt work…
i did a new file with just squigglies…doesnt work…

it works just great when i test it…it is just on rendering that nothing happens…

I just tried doing a simple scene and exporting to swf, I put a transparency on one layer, and it exported just fine.

I tried it on a bitmap layer as well, and this exported with transparency too.

You’re definitely using Animate 2 and not Animate, right? Because the export of some effects to SWF was only with Animate 2, not 1.

~Lilly

Are you using imported images?

If you create a blank scene, create a couple of drawing layers, and then just do some really quick squiggles. Put a transparency on one of them, then extend exposure and export to swf - does this work?

If so it may be something with that particular scene.

~Lilly

It’s very odd indeed.

It’s hard for me to diagnose through here what’s going wrong, so I recommend that you email support@toonboom.com so that they can continue to help you there.

~Lilly