SWF export drops all effects?

:frowning: man, I just spend 2 hours on pulling off some Animate effects, but they don’t show in the final flash output! I am using the special effects in Animate (mainly GLOW and BLUR), which look great on screen, but when I export to SWF none of the effects show up in the animation, just the basic animation. I’m playing the SWF in IE and Firefox and it’s stripped all the blur and glow completely, but the rendered view is just find inside of Animate. The effects do, however, come out if I export to any other format, even if I captured only 1 frame to a PNG. Is this by design that SWF exports do not retain any of the Animate effects? FLV and MOV exports retain all setting but I’m trying to get small SWF files that easily play in the browser. Please, someone inform me.
I would just put it in FLV but that requires an SWF player in the browser, and why do that when I just want an SWF file directly to play. Please assist.

I come to the forums quite a lot and I see a LOT of the same questions being raised time and time again. Ugo, maybe a sticky would be a good idea for the ‘import doesn’t work on PLE’, ‘Flash isn’t exporting properly’,‘can’t import PLE files’ ? just a thought. Thanks

Toon Boom software only exports Flash version 6. the filters you want were unfortunately not available in Flash version 6.

I would just put it in FLV but that requires an SWF player in the browser, and why do that when I just want an SWF file directly to play. Please assist.

What exactly are you wanting it in swf format for then ? why not do it in flv ? Any swf file requires an swf player… full stop.

Hi,

As described by frameJockey the SWF format we use (which is the last version that was opened sources) is a purely vector and the effects you have been using a bitmap format effect. To have them being implemented inside of the swf we would need to render each frame as a bitmap and import them back on in your scene to have them replace the section of animation for it to show in the swf. Though be aware that doing so would result in a huge file that may be quite hard to process on a web server.

This is why we have implemented the FLV format in Animate since this format is highly compressed and does allow full access to all the bitmap effects of the software.

Regards,

Ugo

@framejockey,
That would have been nice to have a ‘sticky’ on this, considering that I did many searches, including exactly what you wrote “Flash isn’t exporting properly”, all of which came up blank- thus I wrote the topic. As long as someone has flash installed, the swf will work, but the FLV needs some sort of FLV player (or swf coded frame player to play the flv). If not, then the FLV will not show in the browser I’m seeing.

@Ugo,
I’ll try to go the FLV route, I like it, but it will need an swf front so it can play directly in a browser.