Sublayers?

Trying out the trials for Animate vs Animate Pro. Does Animate not have the sublayers available? They don’t show up on the bottom bar, and for the life of me I can’t find them.

What exactly do you mean when you say “sub-layer”?

If you mean children in the hierarchy, in the Timeline’s left column you click on the triangle/arrow head that is pointing to a parent to expand that structure. There is also a button available for the Timeline toolbar that is “Expand All” exposed after Right-Clicking on the top of the Timeline border and choosing it from the Toolbar Manager.

If by “sub-layer” you mean the Underlay Art, Overlay Art, Colour Art, and Line Art these are accessed through the buttons located at the bottom left of the Camera and Drawing windows. However, in Animate by default these are not visible. Go to Preferences => General => at the bottom right of the Preferences window check Use Advanced Art Mode (need to restart application) under the Advanced box.

#2 is what I meant. That sounds exactly like what I need! Why it would be invisible by default is absolutely baffling to me. Thanks a million! That was driving me crazy for a solid two hours.

#2 is what I meant. That sounds exactly like what I need! Why it would be invisible by default is absolutely baffling to me. Thanks a million! That was driving me crazy for a solid two hours.