stretching pegs

Hi,
I’ve got a problem: when I animate for example a motion, sometimes it goes too fast. (or too slow) And I know that I can stretch a peg element, but I want to stretch just a part of the element, not all other things that I animated befor. Is it possible to do this?

You might get some insight from this article which explains a good method of adjusting animation timing using the extend exposure commands. It’s covered extensively in the first slide show for changing the timing of the two boxers as they battle it out. -JK

TOOM BOOM FUNDAMENTAL - THE BASICS PART 1

I’ve red the article, but the problem is that I animate with pegs, so actually I just use one picture. In the article, they use severel pictures, that together looks like an animation. If I extend my pictures like they do in the article, the whole animation become longer, not just one moment in the animation. (It’s the same thing if I extend a peg)
For example if a character walks a bit, and then jumps. Let’s say that the walk is perfect, but he jumps a bit too slow. And I want to make him to jump faster without changing the walk. How can I do this without having to start to animate the jump all over again?

You can add an extra keyframe in your peg element’s timeline on the last frame where everything is working well, to “lock down” the animation you like. You can then manipulate the key frames that come afterwards without altering the previous animation.

If you don’t want the 2 sections (in your example, the walk and the jump) to flow into each other, just make sure to make your keyframe a ‘constant segment’.

Topic Summary
Posted by: elan33 Posted on: August 11, 2009, 05:12:52 AM
I’ve red the article, but the problem is that I animate with pegs, so actually I just use one picture. In the article, they use severel pictures, that together looks like an animation. If I extend my pictures like they do in the article, the whole animation become longer, not just one moment in the animation. (It’s the same thing if I extend a peg)
For example if a character walks a bit, and then jumps. Let’s say that the walk is perfect, but he jumps a bit too slow. And I want to make him to jump faster without changing the walk. How can I do this without having to start to animate the jump all over again?