Strange scaling.

I have noticed that sometimes when I try to drag a key frame or duplicate one the symbol I am dragging vanishes or rather becomes infinitely small. Not sure what is happening there. Has anyone else experienced this?
Huge regards
Dave

Hi,

Did you notice any pattern when this happens?
Is there a keyframe in the first frame? Not that it is necessary, but I have seen an issue like that a while ago.

I was not sure in your description of the issue if you are dragging the keyframe or the symbol.

Marie-Eve

Hi Marie-Eve
It happens when moving the key frame not the symbol. It also seemed to happen with the last key in a sequence.
Typically enough the same project seems to working OK today. I will keep an eye out and report back if/when it happens again.

Hi Dave,

At first glance, it looks like a bug.
I will try to do some tests on my side when I have a minute.

The best would be to have the steps you do to make it occur so we could fix it, if a bug it is indeed.

Also, can you tell me if you are using Animate 1, Animate 2, Animate Pro 1 or Animate Pro 2.
Also, what is the complete build number (which you can find under Help > About on Windows or Animate/Pro > About on Mac)

Thank you,

Marie-Eve

Hi Marie-Eve
I can’t seem to repeat it at the moment. It seems like re-starting my machine cured it.
For the record I’m using Animate 2 on a Win 7 PC
Build 7.9.0 (5643) (2010-03-24 08:16:05)

By the way I don’t ever seem to get replies from this forum even though I have the notification on.
Thanks
Dave

Hi,

There is a service pack available for Animate 2 and Animate Pro 2.

Simple question first for the reply issue, the address entered in your account is properly written?

Marie-Eve

My Email address is correct in my account settings.

Where do I find the service pack? Or do I need to re-download Animate again from my account?

Hi,

I will check with the technical team for the reply issue on the forum.

As for the Service Pack, you have to redownload Animate from your account indeed.

Marie-Eve

Thanks. I’ve just updated.

Great. :slight_smile:

Hopefully it will fully resolve your issue.

Marie-Eve

Hi.
Just had the vanishing act again. Very briefly though. I tried to drag a key frame earlier in the time line and the object vanished. It seemed to scale the Y axis to zero. I re-set that and it was fine and I couldn’t repeat. (typically enough. -It’s like going to the doctor. You are fine when you get there. :))

Still not getting any replies. :frowning:

Hi,

Ok, I will report this issue to technical support.

Marie-Eve

Hi,

It is a bug indeed and it is now fixed.

I was wondering if you were part of the Beta testing group when ANP2 got released.

The scale issue you got happened with the Service Pack?
Can you verify what version is installed on your machine. I just want to make sure the Service Pack installation worked properly.

Thanks,

Marie-Eve

Hi Marie-Eve
Yes I was part of the Beta group at the very end and yes the issue happened after I installed the service pack.
My version Info is:
Build 7.9.0 (6015) (2010-09-15 03:47:49)

I did an uninstall of the previous version before Installing the update)
I could just be Me. I seem to be able to Break Animate every time I start it up
:-[

Hi,

Thank you for the information.
I will report the issue and see what comes out of it.

Marie-Eve

The eyes of your character are usually the first thing a viewer will focus on. When animated properly they should look natural and reflect the thoughts of your character, thus making them believable.