Storyboard Pro 5.5 Not Responding

So basically I just installed the trial version of SBP two days ago and it worked fine, I saved my project and shut down the pc. Next day when I tried to reopen sbp it would open the project and get stuck. Nothing would work and I’d get the “not responding” window and the program crashes.
I tried reinstalling the program, restarted pc, run as admin… etc all more than once and nothing worked. This doesn’t only happen with the specific file I was working with, even when I create a new one it just immediately stops responding and I’m getting very frustrated at the moment and don’t know what to do??
My pc is pretty new, has great specs and more than capable of running the program so I don’t think it’s that but I’m honestly stuck and don’t know what else could be causing this?

Where did you send it? Try support@toonboom.com

Contact support to have a look on your system.

Most likely something either changed the security settings
on your system or the settings of your graphic card.

I did, sent an email around 2 days ago now and didn’t hear back from anyone. Maybe it’s because I’m only using the trial version at the moment?
And can you please elaborate more? Anything I can do on my own right now to make this work?

Hello! I’d love to have support figure this out- I have the same problem but it was never solved, and that was months ago. It’s really frustrating.

For everyone that did not get a reply after emailing to support@toonboom.com,
just send a follow-up email and check the Spam folder of your email after to make
sure the reply is not getting lost in case the reply is going there instead of to your
inbox.

Support will reply to trial license users the same as to users that hold an actual
full license for the software.