Storyboard Pro 5.5 fails to open

OK, so I downloaded the trial for Storyboard 5.5 so I could get the feel of it, but it won’t work at all! The program icon is on my desktop, I click on it, it shows the little Storyboard Pro logo when you first open it up for a less than a second before closing. I went to the main folder and tried opening multiple programs on there to start it, and there was one called “StoryboardPro”. When I opened it a console showed up for a split second before saying “lc_flexinit failed: 20”. I also tried to open “wstart” and it said “One or two arguments are not correct.” I tried restarting my computer, nothing. I tried reinstalling it, nothing. Please help, thank you.

It’s a problem initializing the license. If you’re on Mac the license
software may have been quarantined.

Try uninstalling the software by dragging it’s folder to the trash and
then emptying the trash.

1. Open a terminal Window from Applications/Utilities and run the
    command: sudo spctl --master-disable
    in the Terminal application
  2. Go into the System Preferences and from there to “Security & Privacy”,
    on the General tab set “Allow Applications downloaded from:” to “Anywhere”.
  3. Download the installer (if you don’t have it anymore)
  4. Mount the DMG (i.e. click on the installer for the software).
  5. Drag the the icon of the software to the icon of the Applications folder.
  6. Start the software by right-clicking and selecting Open.

If it’s Windows, try uninstalling the software along with Norton/Kaspesky/McAfee.
Then reboot. Reinstall the software and launch it once before re-installing the
antivirus program.

I’m running into the same issue with 5.5 on my Mac. It was working a few weeks back and now it quick opens and closes. New Project or Open previous project. I am also running with a license - which is very disappointing.

Log files are showing that the application is attempting to delete a file:

2017-04-20 09:12:30;Delete;/Users/**********/Library/Application Support/ToonBoomSessionTempDir/881; ===> FAIL <====
2017-04-20 09:12:30;ACTION;End Closing project

This directory does not exist in the referenced folder. I’ve tried to create a directory in this folder to match the expected (881) with the /elements & /palette-library folders and this didn’t seem to help.

Based on my install logs for this computer, I did install the latest Mac OS update (10.12.4) on 4/8. The last time I was able to run Storybook 5.5 successfully was on 4/1. The only other software installed since was Fusion 360 (1.20.1 update), Adobe Flash Player update, and a system update for “Chinese Word List Update” (5.17).

Please let us know your thoughts on how to proceed.

I ha ve a similar problem.

I’m have a license for toonboom 5.1, but I was trying the version 5.5 previusly. But no way to launch both. Just the windows with the logo appear and disappear but the software is not launching. Someone have any idea? I uninstalled several times, cleaning register keys with ccleaner, deleting all the folders linked to toonboom. No way, the trouble is still there each time. No way to work !

I think it’s something linked to some license troubles. I need help ! :’(

The ToonBoomSessionTempDir folder is used to keep track of your edits while the
software is open, it should be deleted when the software is closed.

For the opening/closing it’s likely the feature on the “General” tab of the preferences
to autosave the workspace which saved the software in minimized mode.

Go into menu-Windows-Restore Default Workspace

For the opening/closing it’s likely the feature on the “General” tab of the preferences
to autosave the workspace which saved the software in minimized mode.
Go into menu-Windows-Restore Default Workspace