Storing key on USB thumb drive

I work on both my tablet pc and my desktop but it is a PITA to have to deactivate a license from one machine and activate it on the other. Is there any way of storing the product license on my USB thumb drive so I can just move it to the machine I am using?

Hi,

This is not actually possible has the license is encrypted to fit with specific hardware (not only the drive itself).

Best regards,

Ugo

That’s what I figured but I thought I would check anyways.

Is it against the licensing agreement to run use my license in a virtual machine stored on the thumb drive? I would still be the sole user and it could only be running on a single machine at a time. The VM creates a hardware ID that stays constant when moved to a different host machine. I don’t want to violate any licensing terms so I just want to make sure it is allowed. I am just trying to save my time of deactivating and reactivating my license everytime I switch from my tabletPC to my desktop.

Hi,

As long as the license is active on only one physical drive you are not violating the license terms. The license will allow one physical person to use the software at a time. This being said I am not entirely sure the license will work if you set it on a removeable drive has I am not sure if it is bound only to the hard drive or multiple parts of your hardware. If it does work though as long as the license is only allowed to be used on one machine at a time there is not violation done.

Best regards,

Ugo