Stop charictor from moving

Hello,
Thank you so much for my help. I have read over the manual and I must be missing something, I have created a cut out animation, I have saved the head in the library and the body in anyother. I have added the voice, but when I bring them both together the body moves. I would like to have it be still unless I move it. From the first keyframe to the last the animation moves in different directions, how can I start and end on the same key fram without the body moving?

Thanks,

Mark.

Well, I presume you might have created some extra keyframes somewhere.

In the timeline select your body-peg and have a close look -
the peg should have only one keyframe at the start and one at the end.

If you find any keyframes in between, move the time-slider over it
right-click that keyframe and from the contextual menu choose remove keyframe.

If your body still moves copy the first keyframe (Ctrl. + C) for PC, (Command + C) for Mac.
Select the last keyframe and paste (Ctrl. +V) for PC, (Command + V) for Mac.

Cheers
Nolan

Hello,

Thanks again for your help, the information helped me alot. I am still having the problem, on a much lesser base. I can remove all of the keyframes with the exception of some red frames on some of the pegs. My charictor now is still, but his right arm starts out where it should be then drops down from the shoulder. The upper arm, lower arm and hand all follow this path. I have the hand connected to the lower arm peg, the lower arm peg connected to the upper arm. There are no keyframes visible in these pegs.

Thanks,

Mark.

If you see red keyframes in your peg that might be an indication
that you have set other keyframes in other pegs further down the peg-hierarchy.

You have to delete the keyframe in the original peg.

If you like have a look at this template “Der Der walking1.tbt”
you can download here:

http://homepage.mac.com/g.t.schneider/nolanscott/FileSharing50.html

and have a look at the “red dots” and their relationship with keyframes
further down the peg-hierarchy.

Cheers
Nolan

Thank you so much, that helped a lot. I do have one additional question in regards to this. I have created a set for my charictors to act on. I have many different elements in the set that are attached to the main set peg. Even without any pegs or any additional animation, the contents move slightly in a 100 frame scene. It is noticable in the final project. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Mark.

Per your description, you do have at least one peg to which your elements are attached. So here are two things you might want to do to address your movement. (1) be sure that the segment connecting the starting and ending key frames of your peg is set to be a constant segment, otherwise tweening will occur if the two keys are not exactly identical. (2) Also extend your peg one frame longer than your last attached element’s exposure this will prevent any variation in your starting and ending key frames from showing up.

In the future it is advised to have “snap to last keyframe” toggled on before creating pegs or attaching anything to a peg. It helps to prevent your keyframes accidentally being set out of sync.

One last thing to check is your camera just to be sure you didn’t accidentally set it up for dynamic FOV. A dynamic FOV (field of view) is similar to having a peg in effect because there is interpolation active in the use of this setting.

Hope these tips help you out. -JK

Hello,

I did what you said and it is still the same, how do I check the camera settings?

Thanks,

Mark.

Select the camera element in the time line and then look on the camera tab in the properties panel. The pov radio button should be selected that says Static. If not then the dynamic button is selected and that may be the source of your problem.-JK