"Stage Advanced has Stopped Working" On create new scene

Okay so I have recently decided to toy around with toon boom and downloaded the trial for Harmony 12 however I can’t seem to get the thing to even start. Whenever creating a new scene in Stage Advance, the program crashes regardless of what settings I choose.

I have tired all the obvious things including driver updates and turning off Aero
I am currently running Win7 64-biy w/ 6GB RAM and a Radeon 4800 (I know it’s older but it should suffice).

I would really like to get this working before my trial is out so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

There is always a way to get the crash report details. Click send report and view report details. For your problem, maybe send a screenshot - it might shed more light on what’s going on.

Also try updating your graphic card driver, often crashed when creating a scene are due to the graphic card not supporting OpenGL.

Where are you creating the scene and what are you naming it?

Avoid naming projects or any folder names in the folder structure used to
store projects using accented characters, special symbols and spaces.
Only a-z, 0-9, “_” and “-” are safe for naming.

What does the crash report say?

I’ve tried creating projects in the default Documents Directory as well as on a separate hard drive where ToonBoom is installed.

The only characters I’ve used to name anything are a-z and 0-9, the projects are evidently being created as the files for them show up in the directory as they should but after that seems to be when the crash happens.

As for the report, I don’t get anything aside from “A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

Additional Attempts to fix this since my post are:

  • Uninstall and reinstall using default directories and settings.
  • Uninstall, redownload, and install again.

I want to just give up and say ‘oh well’ but I don’t as all other alternatives are crap compared to what can be done here with the exception for Adobe Flash but this being a little more specialized for what I want to do makes it more appealing to me. So her’s to hoping we can find a fix for both myself and any others who run into this problem.

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile: