Soundscrubbing not working in Timeline

Hi,
I just bought and installed TBStudio 5 on my MacBook Pro. I’ve imported a M4a, MP3, WAV, and AIF file individually, and none of them produced any sound if I tried scrubbing the timeline. The sound plays fine if I play it from the Exposure sheet, or export the movie. It also plays in the sound editor. But I get no sound in the Timeline.

Yes, I have sound playback and scrubbing turned on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

Which version of OSX is currently installed on your machine?

Regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

I am running 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Hi,

The sound related issue should be addressed in an upcoming patch. If you encounter any further difficulties with Snow Leopard make sure to report them as soon as possible as we are currently working on fixing those issues.

Best regards,

Ugo

OK, thanks. So far everything else seemed to be fine. I’ll be doing some work this week, I’ll let you know if I encounter anything.

Any idea on a time frame for that patch? And how will I know it’s available? Let me know please. Thanks.

Bob

Hi,

We should make an announcement on the website and most likely send an e-mail if you are subscribed to the mailing list.

I don’t have the specific time frame in which it will be finished yet but we are working on it.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi,

Can you tell me if that patch ever became available? I did not receive any email and cannot find anything on the web site. Thank you.

Bob

Please have a look here:
http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/toonBoomStudio/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=4786

Regards
Nolan

Thank you, this worked just great!
Bob

This is slightly depressing.

I have exactly the same problems but I cannot find where to download the ‘patch’ that you mention. I have a CD version and I have now downloaded the build 5.0.13834. As with the previous guy I can scrub in the edit window but not on main timeline. I also have an Intel macbookpro running Snow Leopard…

Can you help?

Are you sure that you are using the downloaded build 5.0.13834?

You can check the version number in the About screen.

Also check that sound scrubbing is on in the Play Menu.