Sounds don't work

I’m trying to import music from a MP3 format, but I can’t hear it. I have another project that also has a music MP3, it works fine. I have some voice overs for the lip-sinking, and that works fine. I even tested the MP3 on the Windows Media Players, and that works fine too. What am I doing wrong?

Hi there,

MP3’s are supposed to work, as you saw in your other project. Silly question, you’ve made sure to enable the sound playback in your preview? And could you be more specific about what you mean when you say it doesn’t work? Did it fail when you tried to import it? Do you see the sound waveform?

If you send me some more info, I’m sure we can figure this out.

Lindsay

No, the importing is fine, it’s just when I try to use it I can’t hear anything. The sound waveform has peaks and waves. And I would think so, since everything else can play.

Hi there,

Very strange indeed. Without seeing the project or file however, there’s not much I can do to troubleshoot. If in fact you have sounds playing in the same project, something seems wrong with that particular file. Make sure the sound element is enabled in the Timeline (checkbox).
If this doesn’t solve the problem, you should contact support@toonboom.com as they have a few more resources to help you solve your problem.

Lindsay