Sound out of sync

I have a 3 minute clip, a music track I’m animating.

In my preview everything is nice and in perfect sync, on the beat.

But when I render the film, the sound is a few steps ahead of the image, and it progressively gets worst. By the end of the film the sound is anticipated by a good two seconds.

Scene Frame rate is 25 fps, and it coincides with my export settings.

Any idea?

thank you,
Josh

Hi Lilly

no, I was referring to actual Scene Settings, not the Play Toolbar.
I know the difference between the two, but true, I should have pointed it out in my post.
So, I have a movie which is 25 fps and is exporting sound in an uncanny fashion.

The only thing I can think about is to re-import the sound.
Do you reckon this could make any difference?

thank you,
J

Yes, in fact it is an mp3.
I will try substituting it with a wav or aiff and see if that helps.
I can’t do it immediately because I need the people who commissioned the job to send it to me.

I’ll let you know ASAP.

thanks a lot for now,
Josh

Of course, I can convert the mp3 to AIFF… I’ll try that. :slight_smile:
Josh

Yes! Yes! Yes! :)!
I substituted the mp3 with an AIFF and now it exports correctly.

Thank you Lilly!
Josh

Just to double-check, when you say the scene settings are at 25 fps, I want to make sure that you’re looking at the right thing. If you go to Scene > Scene Settings, does it say 25 in this window?

The reason I ask is that when you set the framerate to 25 in the Play toolbar, it actually only changes the playback framerate, not the actual scene framerate. The reason is that sometimes you might want to double-check the animation at a different framerate but you never usually want to change your actual output.

Can you double-check for me what it says in the Scene Settings dialog?

~Lilly

Is your sound an mp3 by any chance? Although I have not heard of problems with mp3 and Animate specifically, I know that sometimes mp3 and Quicktime don’t play well together. You might be safer importing your sound as a .wav or an .aiff.

If this doesn’t help then you can email support@toonboom.com and we can take a look at your scene file.

~Lilly

Yay! I’m glad it worked!!

~Lilly