Sound import problem

I just got a new notebook delivered, and Harmony installed fine and runs great… I then observed flatline audio files, and attempted to follow the above instructions to fix it. Forgive me for my windows naivety here, but I can not locate the “win64” folder under my program files or program files(x86) folders. I’ve enabled explorer to “show” hidden folders, and still can not locate where ffmpeg is to be placed. Any Help would be great. System info below:

Windows 7 HP - SP1 (64 BIT OS)
Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU 2.4 GHz 2.4 GHz
16 GB Ram

After windows updates, rebooting, etc., still no audio… Then I installed Apple Quicktime, and everything started working…

I have the same problem here, I did the ffmpeg thing but didn’t solved my problem.

Need help!

Hi, I had similar problem and I found the solution (TB animate 3). I had sound, but I didn’t see waveform. There is a button called: Show Sound Waveforms (Toolbar over the timeline). But when I clicked on it, the sound was still flat. So I increased zoom of the waveform on timeline and it’s visible now. I hope, that’s helpful.

Before importing the sound file, look at your imported sound file name for any uncommon typographic characters or blank spaces. Rename your sound file with common characters (abc, 123) and see if this does the trick. It did for me. Right click on on your soundtrack and select “Show wave form” .There you have it!

Yeah I also tried adding the ffmpeg file (no reboot) no joy.
Then installed QT and came up with missing qt .dll errors on project launch.
Reboot.
Fixed, and audio working as should.
Cheers :slight_smile:
(SB Pro 4.1, win8 64)

Actually,

This hasnt fixed it for the time line.
I can preview them fine. But it won’t play once on the time line.
I can see the waveform and there’s nothing untoward about the file names.

will investigate further.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OwP47hpI9tA/UyE5Zyq2N1I/AAAAAAAAAyw/5oK3dpGnaMg/w958-h556-no/no-sound-in-toonboom.jpg

Very annoying since I just bought the software and it seems sound support is not consistent with the rest of the fine application.

Are you able to load your sound using your Quicktime player ?
We rely on Quicktime for sound. If it does not play in Quicktime, it will not play in Harmony.

If it does play in QuickTime, try to reinstall it to make sure everything is clean.

I’m using animate 3 vanilla. Fresh install. sound plays and shows in the x sheet, just not in the timeline as the attached images illustrates. Thanks for your help.

I just re-installed QuickTime. Still no joy.

I just re-installed Animate 3. lost waveform in x sheet as well now so sound is totally blind now (working but I can’t see the wave form).

Restored all defaults in the preferences menu.

Problem fixed.

SO, it’s seems this is a bug. not a mistake with my install etc.

I had the same issue, the imported sound file came in flat. When I tried to map in the lip synch, I got an error.

All I did was

1. install quick time (I did not have it installed)
  2. Reset preferences in Animate Pro 3. (necessary)
  3. Rebooted (don’t know if this is necessary)

Now I can import sound - yay!

I had the same problem over and over again. I had no problems for over a year, and just recently I was asked to complete the same assignments in french. Therefore, I copied my english versions of my toon boom files and gave them a french name.

Once I did that the audio would import, however when I opened the file again the audio would be gone. After reading this forum and trying everything under the sun, I realized the problem was something as simple as the FILE NAME.

Changed the file name to something simple, sound came back.

I had the same problem, it turned out that I had uninstalled Quicktime which is required to run audio files on Toonboom. Hope that helps.

Well I use ToonBoom Studio 8.1 on windows 8 machine , create animations for fun. Had a sound import problem. Application used to freeze after import of sound file. Stumbled on this thread while searching for a solution. In my case the name of the sound file was the problem, it had an underscore in the name. Changed to a simple name and all problems solved for me. Hope this helps someone.

In the hope that it could save someone some time: try different codecs. I don’t get audio from some fairly ubiquitous codecs like MPEG4. This is on a Windows 8.1 machine with Quicktime installed. The same movie files that play in Quicktime player and Windows video players may not play in Harmony depending on the compression used. Harmony also does not like H.264 files rendered on an old Mac with After Effects. I can re-render the same file with Blender’s video editor and it plays fine.

Thanks everyone for posting the information above. We never know when some upgrade is going to bite us, and what was not a problem now is. Referring back to threads like this could be really helpful.

I had the same problem: I migrated from Win 7 (where all was working fine, of course) to a brand new Win 8.1 PC. No soundfiles displayed, no sound to hear - but only in Toon Boom Products. Windows Media Player played the soundfiles which were not showed in my Storyboard Pro File and Harmony.

The solution for me: I installed Quicktime. Now everything works fine!

After installing it I was dissapointed, because it didn’t work. But - like in many cases - I had to reboot my system, then everything worked like expected.

Many thanks for the tipp to install Quicktime. This saved me a lot of time with trial and error!

Just opened an older Toon Boom file in latest version and all sound appearing as flat lines - can’t hear it or see it, tried some of the solutions listed by still no luck…Tried importing new sound files but same thing.

OMG HELLO I FINALLY FOUND OUT WHAT YOU NEED TO FIX THE FLAT AND NON HEARING AUDIO!!!

STEP 1.
INSTALL APPLE QUICK TIME

YOUR DONE!!!
THAT’S HOW I DID IT
I TESTED IT 4 TIMES ALREADY AND IT SEEMS TO WORK

BLESS OUR LITTLE HEARTS THERE IS NOW AN ANSWER

please tell me if it worked for you or if it didn’t!!!

I find that’s usually the answer to most problems in Harmony.

Is it not working? Do you have Quicktime installed? No? Because it’s a mostly useless piece of software that most don’t automatically have installed? That’s fine. Install it and your problem should be fixed. :stuck_out_tongue: I just love that this is a 3 year old necro’d thread haha

thanks filip, this helped me no end. Thankful for the rare easy solutions.