[SOLVED] Toon Boom Animate Pro 3 UI is Tiny on Windows 10

Hey,

Hoping someone can help me here. I recently got windows 10 and I just moved over my Toon Boom Animate Pro 3 license from my old laptop and I’m having a major problem. I got it installed alright but the UI on there is tiny. I’d need a magnifying glass to read some of the writing or make out what the different icons are. I’ve tried messing with Windows 10’s scaling system but I can’t get it to a point where I can work with it. This software’s really important to me so I can’t afford to be without it and upgrading to Harmony is not feasible for me as even with the sale price it’s too expensive.

So, anyone else ever had this problem and happen to know a fix? Much appreciated.

I’ve enclosed a file which shows the kind of situation I’m dealing with right now.

Try this, it may or may not help. Click on your START menu, and then on SETTINGS. Click on the "SYSTEM: Display, notifications, apps, power"icon in the settings panel. Drag the slider under “Change the size of text, apps and other items” and see if it makes any difference. Windows 10 has a scalable interface… Maybe this setting will help you out…

I’m afraid not. These are the settings I’d already tried changing to see if they made any difference. I even tried the custom scaling feature. I’ve got a horrible suspicion it’s because Animate Pro 3 is too old to be used on windows 10 but hopefully someone will prove me wrong, haha. But thanks for the help anyway. It’s much appreciated.

Hey, just want to leave an update with the solution in case anyone else experiences the same issue. Turns out it’s not Windows 10 specific and it’s to do with the screen resolution. I contacted Toon Boom support staff and they told me to lower the screen resolution which worked perfectly.

To do that right click on an empty space in the desktop, click display settings. Go in to advanced display settings and change the screen resolution there. You may have to sign out and back in for it to take full effect. Just thought I’d share this just in case.