Software Upgrade Suggestions/Feature Requests for Harmony -Part 1:

Software Upgrade Suggestions/Feature Requests for Harmony -Part 1:

Concerning the Workspace:
Allow Keyboard shortcuts for the various windows
(allow changing windows/selecting active window, with keyboard shortcuts)

In the Timeline:

1. Display time also in minutes and seconds -not only frames!

2. Concerning Keyframes Exposure:
    a. Allow to set exposure of keyframes with “set exposure to…” commands,
    (at the moment it’s only for drawings)
    b. Allow stretch/squeeze duration of drawings/keyframes,
    by selecting several and dragging the edge of the selection, like in Adobe After Effects!
    (In After Effects, selecting some keyframes and pressing ALT while dragging the last drawing/keyframe,
    changes exposure in all of them, relative to their original exposure)

3. Concerning Morphing: Allow selecting and morphing a range of many drawings at once,
    only affecting the frames between drawings, keeping the existing drawings intact,
    (currently only the 2 extreme drawings in the selected range remain,
    all others are replaced by morph inbetweens)

Function View/Bezier Editor -“Hold Value Editor” (makes “steps” in the movement):
Allow making different steps, in different times, on the same graph/function!
(at the moment only one section of each function can have steps and only 1 value per function)

Paint Bucket:

1. When painting with the bucket over many frames at once (Apply to Multiple/All drawings)
    allow to select the range/drawings, that will be affected,
    (currently it affects the entire layer)
  2. When painting in “Lasso” mode, allow coloring only where the mouse drag line touches,
    without closing the shape the lasso makes and painting all that is in the shape’s area.

Hi dodbrmn,

A list of great suggestions. I will log them as feature requests in our database. I may get back to you later if I have any questions on any of these.

Good news, there is one in the list that is now possible in Harmony 16!

“1. When painting with the bucket over many frames at once (Apply to Multiple/All drawings)
allow to select the range/drawings, that will be affected,
(currently it affects the entire layer)”

There is a new mode in the Paint tool properties called “Apply to Onion Skin Range”. This option is in a drop down when you click and hold the Apply to All Frames button. When this mode is enabled, the tool will work on every drawing displayed in the Onion Skin. Onion Skin must be enabled for this option to work.

This also works with the select and cutter tools. You can see it at work with the select tool in the video title “Instantly Modify Multiple Frames”.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

Marc-André