Snow leopard

Is Toon Boom Animate and Animate Pro (and Storyboard) tested and working with Snow Leopard?

Hi,

As soon as we get our hands on the official release of the OS version we will start testing it (as they change it quite often during development). If we do encounter difficulties we will try to release a patch as fast as possible to address it.

Best regards,

Ugo

how will we know when its tested?
Will there be something like a go or no go sign on the website?

;D

I have installed a ple-license of animate pro on a MacBook 1.83 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with Snow Leopard to do some testing before I upgrade on my , and have not experienced any serious problems so far on that machine.

I have not tested very thourougly:
drawing, pegs, blurring, animation and rendering - works fine.

What does not work fine is when i minimize using the new “minimize to dock icon” I’m not able to maximize the workspace again by clicking on the Animate Pro icon, but need to go to the menu “windows” and pick the workspace I’m using.

did you notice any new problems so far?
i think i will try the upgrade soon.

Hi,

There will be an e-mail announcement and the information should also be available on our website once the softwares gets approved on the new version of OSX.

Best regards,

Ugo

any news jet on snow leopard compatibility?

its almost two moths later now. ???

Hi,

So far we have not found anything critical that would require a patch for Snow Leopard. If you need to upgrade it should be pretty safe to do it if you own Animate or Animate Pro.

Best regards,

Ugo

That’s great news. I just finished a couple of projects and christmas will be a good time for me to upgrade to snow leopard.
But when you say you didn’t find anything “critical”… does that potentially mean you found minor issues? You know, minor issues can be really irritating and in a way critical if they affect the work flow. You know, like: Interface graphics glitches. Hotkeys not responding properly. Slow real time playback. Export to QuickTime not working as expected… etc…
Any minor issues you wanna share with us, so we know what to expect?

Best regards
Andreas Paleologos