Snow Leopard Patch?

Sorry if you have addressed this elsewhere, but I was reading the forums for answers about issues I had with sound not being present on export as well as choosing a camera for stop motion.

In several of those posts I have seen mentioned an upcoming patch to fix incompatibilities with the newest OS for Mac, but I can’t seem to find that patch anywhere. As far as I know, I am running the latest version of TBS 5, so I don’t know that I am missing anything.

Do I need to get a download? Am I missing something?

Well, the Sound-Issue with Snow Leopard has been addressed:
http://www.toonboom.com/pdf/pressReleases/2009/TBAPRESSSnowLeopard.pdf

Cheers
Nolan

downloaded the patch and gave it a quick once over, and it seems to be working. thanks for taking care of that. I thought I was doing something wrong, so that’s a load off my mind. Now I can get back to learning the program.

This is slightly depressing.

I have exactly the same problems but I cannot find where to download the ‘patch’ that you mention. I have a CD version and I have now downloaded the build 5.0.13834. As with the previous guy I can scrub in the edit window but not on main timeline. I also have an Intel macbookpro running Snow Leopard…

Can you help?

hi- do you mean that when you hit play with a project open in TBS 5 that you do not hear any sound? When you right-click on the sound element in your Timeline, is there a checkmark next to “Enable Scrubbing”?

You mentioned that you downloaded the latest TBS 5 build, from your Toon Boom user account I guess- Can you please check that it installed correctly by going to [ToonBoomStudio 5.0 > About ToonBoomStudio 5.0] - it it is build 5.0.13834 as you mentioned and you still have sound issues, you can send your project sample to support@toonboom.com and we can test it for you.

Debbie
TB SUPPORT

Dear Debbie
firstly thanks for getting back so quickly (it makes a huge difference to how the software is viewed). Secondly, the mistake is resolved so it looks like there is no further intervention needed.

The only significant difference was that I saved the project to my desktop. Previously I was using an unsaved project. This time I saved it in view of needing to post it to you for inspection.

This appears to be the difference that effected a change.

Best wishes and thanks again.

great! i hope you have fun animating!

debbie

I’m sorry but can somebody explain how to go about downloading this patch? I believe I am having the same problem. I can hear sound during editing but not playback. I’m running os x 10.6.4

Thanks, matt

To download the patch, go to the My Products section of your account when you are logged in to toonboom.com.

You should see a list of your products and you should be able to download the most recent release.

How come after I download “Studio 5” under “My Products” and try to install it, it says the version on my Mac is newer than the download version?

How is this possible? I canceled the install. Should I go ahead and install it anyway?

I am running ToonBoom Studio 5.0 Build 5.0.13834.

I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8