Smarter Onion skinning

Would love to see onion skinning more adjustable. I briefly used Bauhaus Mirage a few years back and their take on onion skin was my favorite thing about it. As a paper and pencil guy transitioning to digital, it’s very important to be able to differentiate drawings. With Mirage’s onion toolbar you could pick out frames within a range and have drawing 1 at 25%, drawing 2 at 0%, drawing 3 at 75%, and drawing 4 at 15%. Sometimes you want to focus on a keyframe 7 drawings back but still have the intervening inbetweens there for reference. It’s easy to do that when you’re holding the paper inbetween your fingers, not so easy when you’re looking at green and red drawings that build up into a big mess. I’m sure there are things about the current onion skin that I’m missing and welcome some education on that - I’ve always had a hard time understanding wash values, etc. - but it’s often a semi-minor frustration, particularly with rough drawings.

Agree! This one is also one of my frustration! Very hard to go where you want to go on your stroke by this messy washed values of tweens…

I agree also. It isn’t a huge deal for me, but I’ve definitely thought from time to time it would be nice to have this feature. I don’t know how they would do it though, but it’d definitely be nice. I guess a feature to click certain frames in the timeline you don’t want seen or onion skinned?