Single Bone with End Effector????

Hello,

Sorry, I’m not sure what to call this. Or what the proper toonboom terminology would be.
My background is in 3D animation, so that’s probably how I’ll describe what I’m looking for.

I’d like to set something up the way I would in 3d land with a single bone that has an end effector. The goal is to be able to parent/peg one end (The root) to one thing and have the other end always point towards the end effector/other peg(?).

That other end effector peg I should be able to either animate or attach to something else.

Does this make sense?
I just don’t know where to begin to do this in toonboom.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer on this.

Thank you,
Moris

Hi Morbott,

Could you give me an example of what you would create and animate using this system?

Thanks,
Matisse

I have the same question. Can’t speak to what Morbott would want to animate using a bone/peg binding, but I could see a situation where it would be useful for an ankle bone of a joint chain to follow a peg animated on a motion path.
This video (for an AfterEffects IK plug-in) demonstrates exactly what I’m talking about.
https://youtu.be/AKnFUtxw0h0?t=19s

I might be wrong, but I think that’s not possible with deformers (bones and curves) in Toon Boom.

Maybe, just maybe, by setting an IK chain with pegs and then creating a motion path controlling the tip of the chain you could create a similar effect.