Simple Walk Cycle

Here’s a walk cycle I did of a character I designed a few years back:

http://t3agames.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/untitled4.swf

It’s about 8 hours work from rough sketch to where it is now. Couple of things I’d like to touch up on but for now I’m moving on to another piece.

-Brodie

it seemed like the frame rate was low. but the motion was well done. :slight_smile: one thing i think worked in your favor was the characters lack of hips. in the future you could make’m slithery
or
waddle like Donald duck; because the legs, tail and torso have a sort of floaty-ness that you dont see in the shoulders.

I like the character a lot!
And it is a pretty good walk. The only thing I noticed was that his right hand snaps into the up position a little too sudden and the other hand is moving more fluently.
But very nice work overall!

Hi

That’s a pretty good walk cycle in my opinion. Looks like a “determined” walk. Good to see the far foot staying higher than the near foot, adding a touch of perspective.

Can’t find any faults. However, slightly off-topic, Marty Bish convinced me that adding shadow under the feet really adds to any walk cycle and when I tried, I found it quite quick to do.

Bob

Smooth.

very nicely done! :slight_smile:
the head kind of looked not right to me though, as if it’s moving in the z axis back and forth, it gets bigger then smaller… was that intended?